Tuesday, July 08, 2014

The Backside of Vinyls - BoardWalk Clown Slide


Thanks for joining me for this week's Backside of Vinyls post on the BoardWalk Resort Clown Slide from Park #9. What I like about the backside of this vinyl is the simplicity. Less is definitely more here. The vinyl is based on the water slide at the resort pool, which isn't overloaded with detail. I think Eric Caszatt was right not to try and add too much detail from other areas on top of the detail from the water slide.

On the back of the vinyl's ears, arms and body, we can see the red curly hair of the clown slide, which not only reflects the poolside attraction accurately, but looks ornate also. Moving down to the feet, we can see the white of the side of the pool, with water splashing against it. And then my favorite part - the detail on the back of the head.

While not found at the resort pool, the back of the head represents the vintage postcard inspired BoardWalk resort sign, which many resort guests are familiar with.


I think that's a nice addition to the figure. It's something iconic to the BoardWalk resort, fits nicely with the rest of the vinyl, stops the back of the head from being plain white, and just adds that little something extra to the appeal of the figure. I actually prefer the back of this vinyl to the front, but then, I am afraid of clowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment