Sunday, April 03, 2016

Vinylmation Stories - Aztec Warrior


You might wonder why I own the Aztec Warrior Vinylmation from Urban #8 when it's clearly not a Park Vinylmation. Let me tell you the story why. I had never bought an Urban Vinylmation before, they just didn't appeal to me. But when I saw this one, I immediately thought of the Aztec man who lit up on El Rio del Tiempo in the Mexican pavilion at Epcot. 

(Photo Credit: Mice Age)

I miss El Rio del Tiempo deeply, and I wish it would come back. I love how I can remember the ride and the music when I look at this figure, despite him not being a park figure. When I look back at pictures of the Aztec man from the ride, I think this Vinylmation looks pretty similar, despite not being designed to specifically look like that character.

And that's how and why the Aztec Warrior joined my collection!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! That's a neat backstory and connection. I like the figure too, very detailed.

    ReplyDelete