Saturday, March 10, 2018

A Note on the Future of Vinylmation Isle


It has been a while since I posted so if you're still here reading this - thanks! I haven't posted in a while and as I quickly approach the 5th birthday of this blog, I wanted to write a short note to let my readers know (if you're still here) my future plans for Vinylmation Isle.

If you've been following for a while, you know that with all the changes in the Vinylmation world commencing in 2014, I've gone back and forth on whether or not to keep this blog going, and if so what content to feature. I started this blog for fun and had so much content in the beginning that I would post 3+ times a week, sometimes every other day! (Can you believe it?!) But that's just not possible anymore because there's not enough happening in the Vinylmation universe.

It started becoming stressful for me to rack my brain for something to post. I want good content here and I don't want to post for the sake of posting. To take away the stress of blogging and to keep it the fun outlet I intended it to be, I have decided from here on out that if I have content to post, I'll post it. If I have time for some Throwback Thursdays, I'll feature some of those. But if I don't have time for those things and I don't have ideas, I won't be posting. If that means weeks or even months pass by without a post, my apologies. I don't want filler content here and I don't want to stress myself out about how much time it's been since my last post. If this blog becomes too stressful, I will stop altogether, because there's just no need for that added stress. I work a full time job and I'm now a military reservist so my time is limited. This is the best compromise I can think of for not giving up on the blog altogether.

I don't want this post to be all doom and gloom, because I do have future content in the works! There will be more posts! I just want you guys to know that the frequency of new content here will be less than it was in the past, but at the same time I don't want you to think if you see that it's been a month or more since I posted that I'm over it and that's the end because currently it's not :)

I want to thank everyone who participated in the poll I had a while back regarding Funko Pop. Thanks to your feedback I will be including posts about Funko Pop lines here on the blog and I hope you'll enjoy those topics too. Thank you guys for continuing to read and follow along, and thank you for your patience and understanding! If you have any ideas or suggestions for future content, I'm all ears! Please comment or email me and maybe I'll make that happen! I appreciate you sticking with me :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good compromise with all you've got on your plate. I've enjoyed seeing your collection and posts so whatever you put out there I'm sure will be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your support and thank you for continuing to read!

      Delete