Sunday, June 28, 2015
Not too long ago, I posted a preview of a Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 2-pack that was seen on the back of the box for the Red Hulks Set. Rumors are saying this set will be released July 12. No official word from Disney yet, but keep checking back on this blog for further news and updates. I am pretty excited for this set!
Saturday, June 27, 2015
Today I bring you a great deal on the Star Wars #4 Rancor and Keeper combo set. This set includes a 9" Rancor figure with a 3" Keeper figure. It originally retailed for $59.95 during Star Wars Weekends in 2014, where it was exclusively available at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
The set is available here on eBay for $82.98, while that's higher than retail, it's much cheaper than the going rate on the secondary market. The seller has 100% positive feedback with over 1,000 ratings. Other listings are currently selling this set between $90 and $143.
Friday, June 26, 2015
The Peter Pan series (previewed during the Imagination Gala) has finally been released today at D-Street locations and the Disney Store Online. It is currently unknown if this series will be made available at Disney Stores. Peter Pan is an 8 figure blind box series with 7 commons and a mystery chaser. Each blind box retails for $12.95
Thursday, June 25, 2015
Saturday, June 20, 2015
(Photo credit: Vinylmation World)
Two new Theme Park Favorites Vinylmation have been released at the Walt Disney World Resort. The first is Wike Wazowski from Monsters Inc. and the second is Minnie Mouse. They are currently only available at Animal Kingdom, but it's possible that they will be rolled out across the other parks and D-Street. Each open window figure retails for $12.95
Friday, June 19, 2015
Another Star Wars series Eachez has been released today at the Walt Disney World Resort and at the Disney Store online. This Limited Edition Eachez of 2,500 contains a common Chewbacca figure (pictured left) and the variant of Chewbacca in chains (pictured right). There is a 9 in 10 chance of pulling the common (2,250 figures) and a 1 in 10 chance of pulling the variant (250 figures). Both Vinylmation were designed by artist Casey Jones and each blind box retails for $16.95
Thursday, June 18, 2015
Monday, June 15, 2015
Not too long ago, I posted about the figures that I thought represented the best of 9" Vinylmation. Today I want to talk about my personal favorite 9" Vinylmation. These are Vinylmation that I love for various reasons, which I'll briefly summarize. In approximate chronological order of release, here are my all-time favorite 9" figures:
I'm a huge Finding Nemo fan, it's one of my absolute favorite movies! I love this figure because I think it captures both the movie and The Seas pavilion perfectly. I love the tropical feeling of the Enchanted Tiki Room and I love getting a Dole Whip. The tropical feeling and the bright colors of the attraction are captured in an amazing level of detail here on this 9". Again with Sci-Fi, everything you would want to be on a vinyl is there with this figure. It's spot on in design and color. I think it's incredible! I feel like I'm there just looking at it.
I love the Barnstormer because I think it is another incredibly detailed figure. Just look at the roof shingles, Goofy's silhouette and the colored fencing on the feet. I love he bright colors too. The Tree of Life is just beautiful! I love staring at all the animals accurately carved in the tree. Dreamfinder goes on the list of figures I love because of how well done he is. His expression is cute, his shoes are shiny and his hot air balloon vehicle can be seen in his ear. Just perfect.
Up is another of my favorite Disney movies. I love that this figure captures what's at the heart of the movie - the balloon house. It looks exactly how it does in the movie. I love the pale blue sky, the clouds, and of course the colorful balloons. I love the Empress Lilly because to me it screams classic Disneyana. It's beautifully detailed and I love the bronze color used. MuppetVision Kermit it so fun! I love his t-shirt, how his glasses really look 3D and the adorable touch of his name stitched in his Mickey ears!
I love The Land pavilion at Epcot, I could spend days in there! I love this figure because it represents the pavilion perfectly. The detail is just beautiful and I love the colors and the seasons. I love the Star Wars Death Star because I think it works very well on the new mold. I love the detail, the use of the ears, the stars, the TIE fighters and the X-Wings.
So those are my favorite 9" Vinylmation and that's why I love them so much! Now I just need to try and own them all...
Friday, June 12, 2015
The Star Wars #5 GNK Droid and Jawa Set has been released today at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the 5th and final Star Wars Weekend of 2015. The set has two 3" figures, both designed by Thomas Scott, and retails for $29.95. It has a Limited Edition size of 1,500.
Thursday, June 11, 2015
Monday, June 08, 2015
Star Wars #4 was released during Star Wars weekends in 2014. Despite the shift to 8 figure sets, Star Wars continues to have 12 figures per series. There have been some mixed feelings about this series, which is why I wanted to give my review.
Things to love:
- If you're a big Star Wars fan, the first thing to love it that it's a Star Wars set. There is so much to explore within the Star Wars universe, that I think it's great Disney keeps making Star Wars Vinylmation. Especially with annual Star Wars Weekends
- This series has more of the lesser known characters, which will appeal more to big fans who might not want to get the same characters over and over again
- Memorable characters - I think it's awesome that there's a Wampa and a Tauntaun in this set! They're pretty memorable and we haven't seen them before
- Do-Overs - looking back at the first Star Wars series, some of the characters really could have been done better in my opinion. Vinylmation was still evolving, expanding and finding it's stride. But perhaps this series gives collectors a chance to own more intricately designed figures that we've seen in the past. The Boba Fett combo topper in particular is much better than in Star Wars #1
- Variation on repeats - yes we have another R2, Leia, Luke and Han, but they're not identical to previous releases of these characters. Luke and Han are in their Hoth attire, R2 is on Dagobah, and Leia is dressed like she is on Bespin. They are central to the Star Wars Saga so you should expect to see them again in this series. I think this set would have been less popular without them
- Appropriate use of a variant - while not amazing or impressive to me, the Luke variant at least makes sense, as it reflects an actual scene from the movie. The figure has also been well designed and I especially love his ears. I don't like when variants have no meaning and are created purely for the sake of it
Things that aren't so great:
- Well, if you really don't enjoy repeats of figures, you won't like this series. One third of the figures are characters we've seen before
- Unknown characters - I'm a pretty big Star Wars fan, I've lost count of how many times I've watched these movies, but I'm not one of those people who knows every little detail. I'm not familiar with the Ugnaught, Zuckuss or 4-LOM, so I can see how half this set would not appeal to some collectors
Sunday, June 07, 2015
Friday, June 05, 2015
The latest Star Wars Weekends exclusive Vinylmation has been released today at Darth's Mall inside Disney's Hollywood Studios at the Walt Disney World resort. The Star Wars Rebels set has two 3" figures of Zeb and Chopper from the animated TV show of the same name. The set retails at $29.95 and has a Limited Edition size of 2,500.
Thursday, June 04, 2015
Monday, June 01, 2015
On the release day of the Marvel Avengers series, I visited my local Disney Store to pick up a couple blind boxes. I made a video of my experience that you can view on my YouTube channel. You can also check it out right here: