Saturday, October 04, 2014

Vinylmation Review - Mystery Bakery Haunted Mansion Ghosts

It's October and that means Halloween is right around the corner! So for today's Vinylmation Review, I'm taking a look at the Mystery Bakery Haunted Mansion Ghosts. 
 
Released: July 12, 2013
Blind Open Window

The Haunted Mansion Mystery Bakery series is one of the better "flavors" in my opinion. Having 3 different characters actually warrants this style of a blind open window series. It may also persuade you to buy more than one box because you might pull another character, rather than the same character with a different face.



The Hitchhiking Ghosts have a gray cupcake case that reminds me of the tombstones at the attraction. The icing is an eerie mix of dark blue and a lighter, greenish blue that matches the color of the ghosts. All around the icing are stretched ghoulish faces just like the ones that seep out of the organ inside the Haunted Mansion. 

All of the ghosts wear green shirts like they do in the attraction. The ghost on the left in the picture is Gus, who looks just like his counterpart in the attraction. He has the same long, white beard, bushy eyebrows and white hair. He's missing his ball and chain but I think that's ok. He has some of the dark blue icing on his nose. Ezra is the ghost in the middle of the picture. I love his evil expression with his signature smile. He has icing on the top of his head.

Finally, Phineas is the ghost on the right in the picture. He has the same round face and big nose like he does in the attraction. He has icing on his head too that has also dripped down onto his nose. I think this series is very well done. All of the ghosts look fantastic, exactly like they do in the attraction. I also think the icing is perfect. It looks creepy and you can tell it represents The Haunted Mansion. 

While I didn't get any of these myself, I think they are great figures that I can still appreciate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment