Sunday, September 27, 2015

Vinylmation Stories - Tomorrowland Transit Authority


I have always loved the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover! My parents have home movies of me riding it over and over from when I could walk. I love it because it's amazing to a small child - it's powered by electromagnets, but travels much faster than you'd think, still picking up enough speed to give a couple thrills. I still remember how in awe of it I was as a child.

It gives amazing views of Tomorrowland: The Speedyway, Space Mountain, the Carousel of Progress, Astro Orbiter, I could go on. And one of the best parts is the sneak peaks it gives you of other attractions. I still love feeling almost like I'm riding Space Mountain again whenever the TTA travels through it. And I love the unique vantage point it gives you as you pass through Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.


I guess I didn't realize until I saw this vinyl, just how much I wanted a TTA Vinylmation, and this figure does not disappoint! Caley Hicks captured every element perfectly! I love how the "tunnel" the vehicle passes through is reflected on the top of the vinyl's head, I love the logo of the ride pictured on the body of the figure, and of course the ride vehicle itself pictured on the head. Which, I might add, is spot on! The silhouettes of the passengers is a neat touch too. Not to mention the great use of the back of the figure with the safety signs portrayed on the back of the body. (More on that later in a Backside of Vinyls post).


This was another one of those figures where I knew I wanted it from the minute I saw it. And that's the story behind why I own the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover Vinylmation.

No comments:

Post a Comment