Sunday, January 24, 2016

Vinylmation Stories - Indiana Jones


Indiana Jones is one of my favorite movie franchises, so I love seeing Raiders of the Lost Ark come to life in the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular at Disney's Hollywood Studios. I will never get tired of seeing that show, especially because the experience is a little different each time with a new set of volunteers for the extras.


There are two reasons I had to have this figure. First, I think it is expertly designed by Thomas Scott. It is not easy to translate humans on the the Mickey mold, and although Indy in unavoidably chubby, I think his face is absolutely perfect - he looks just like Harrison Ford! The legendary hat is of course a must, so I'm thrilled that they used an accessory that looks the part instead of trying to paint the hat in to the figure.

His outfit is designed brilliantly too, including the satchel that Indy is never without in Raiders. Finally, the ears have been expertly designed, with fantastic detail that accurately reflects the scenery behind our hero as he attempts to steal the Golden Idol.


The second reason why this Vinylmation was a must for me is because the Epic Stunt Spectacular took on a whole new sentimental meaning for me in 2013 when my husband and I were chosen to be shoppers in the Cairo marketplace. This figure is from the Indiana Jones series, and was not designed to reflect the live action show at Hollywood Studios. However, since Indy is the show's star, this Vinylmation serves as a great reminder of the attraction.


My love of Indiana Jones, the wonderful artwork of Thomas Scott, and the reminder of my time as an Epic Stunt Spectacular extra, is the story behind why I had to add Indiana Jones to my collection.

2 comments:

  1. I like this one a lot. The movies are awesome, the show is great, and it holds a very special place for you. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea to buy one to remind yourself of a special event! I hope this one has a spot of honor in your collection.

    ReplyDelete