Sunday, April 30, 2017

Vinylmation Stories - Br'er Rabbit


Splash Mountain has been a favorite attraction of mine for as long as I can remember. Some of my earliest memories of Walt Disney World are of riding Splash Mountain, and even meeting Br'er Fox and Br'er Bear in Frontierland. When I saw the release of a Splash Mountain Eachez, I thought it was about time! If I had my way, there would be a whole series of Splash Mountain Vinylmation!

(Photo Credit: WDW for Grownups)

I love the design choice Alex Maher went with. Instead of Br'er Rabbit's usual blue pants and pink collared shirt, he chose to use the design of Br'er Rabbit from the final scene before plummeting down into the Briar Patch. Br'er Rabbit is stuck in a beehive with honey dripping down. I love the perfect scared expression the artist used for his face. This is definitely a memorable scene and that's captured in the design of this figure. I'm happy to add another Splash Mountain figure to my collection, to accompany the Vulture vinyl I have from Park #12.

1 comment: