Thursday, July 18, 2013

Vinylmation Review - Goofy's Candy Co.

I don't typically collect Jr vinyls, mostly because the Jr series have not been park related (with the exception of It's A Small World) which is what I try to exclusively collect. But also, because of their small size, I find them more difficult to display. They're not very noticeable as display pieces in my opinion. Having said all that, Goofy's Candy Co. is the first Jr series that made me reconsider my stance on buying some. Therefore in this post, I want to share my feelings toward the Jr. Series 8: Goofy's Candy Company.

Overall I really love this series, which surprises me because I never really liked a Jr. series before. I really like the It's A Small World series but not enough to buy any. I'm way more impressed with this series! I think it's a great theme that appeals to many different audiences. Who doesn't love candy?! And the fact that it's Goofy's Candy Co. makes it mean  a little something more to Disney World fans.


The first one I'm going to talk about is the candy cane. I like this one, but only because it makes me think of those long tubes you fill up with sherbet. Very appropriate for Goofy's Candy Co. since they have a huge section of those there.


This vinyl is a candy apple which reminds me a lot of the Candy Cauldron at Downtown Disney actually, because that's where I usually get candy apples when I'm at Disney World. But you can also create your own candy apples at Goofy's Candy Co. so this is another very appropriate choice of vinyl for this series. I love the dripping caramel and the clear body.


This vinyl I do not care for all that much. The reason I don't like it is because of the cone on the body. I've only ever seen cotton candy in bags or buckets at Goofy's Candy Co. so the cone makes this vinyl look more like ice cream, which is a little disappointing.


This Dots vinyl is very cute in my opinion. It's not one of my favs in this series but I think it's easily recognizable as Dots and I love the bright colors.


What would a Goofy's Candy Co. series be without the man himself? Again, not one of my favorites but I think this vinyl is typical Goofy and I like it in this series.


Not a big fan of the Gum Drops vinyl. I haven't seen it in person, so that could be the reason, but I don't think it's immediately clear what this vinyl is supposed to be. I don't think much of the variant either, because red and orange are pretty similar colors.


I like this Gummy Bear vinyl because who doesn't like gummy bears?! The Mickey mold shape really works well for this figure.


Not a fan of the Honeycomb vinyl because again, I don't think it's immediately obvious what this is. Now I know what it is, it makes sense but I was unsure before that. I also don't think honeycomb is an iconic candy or a candy that screams Goofy's Candy Co.


Some people have said that 3 Goofy vinyls (plus a chaser) in one Jr. series is overkill, but I disagree. This vinyl definitely screams Goofy's Candy Co. which is why I love it. Goofy experimenting with his candy is what it's all about.


I am a big fan of the Mickey Lollipop vinyl in this series. It holds a lot of memories for me.I would always buy these from Liberty Square before taking a trip on the Riverboat, where I'd get through a couple. This vinyl is iconic Goofy's Candy Co. and iconic Disney World candy.


Not a big fan of the Mints vinyl. To me, it looks more like a futuristic robot with gears or wheels rather than mints.

 

Another one of my favorites in this series. No trip to Disney is complete with a Mickey Rice Krispie Treat! And at Goofy's Candy Co. you can have your own made. This vinyl is a perfect choice for the series and is spot on in looking like the candy it represents.


Not a favorite of mine, but I do like Sales Goofy. I can instantly recognize that he's from Goofy's Candy Co.


I don't really like the Sprinkles vinyl, but that's mostly because of the colors. Sprinkles are a common feature on candy and this vinyl does look like sprinkles, but the colors look faded and washed out. Maybe they look better in person?


I really like the Sweets vinyl! It reminds me of Goofy's taffy that I used to buy as a kid for my edible take home souvenir. This vinyl looks just like the sweets sold at Goofy's Candy Co. - a perfect choice for this series


Arguable, this is one of, if not the most iconic candy at Disney World. The Swirl Lollipop! Another perfect choice for this series! I love the colors and the clear body.

And now for the chasers...


I really like Sour Goofy I'm a big fan of sour candy. I think this makes a great chaser!


I also LOVE the Gawrsh chaser! It's a great vinyl for this series because the logo and Goofy's catchphrase really summarize and incorporate all of Goofy's Candy Co. that also makes it an awesome and appropriate choice for a chaser.

So which ones did I get? Since there were very few that I actually loved (and that's what it's all about, right?) I decided not to blox, since there are waaaay too many in this series. I bought 2 from the secondary market: Rice Krispie Treat and the Gawrsh chaser. I was very tempted to add the Mickey Lollipop to my collection also, but haven't as yet. Maybe I'll post a picture of where these Candy Co. vinyls live now...

No comments:

Post a Comment