Tuesday, September 03, 2013

13 Reflections of Evil Exclusive Set - Dr. Facilier & Voodoo Dolls

I'm visiting Walt Disney World a month too late to catch the 13 Reflections of Evil Trading Event. There is one set that makes me REALLY wish I was going! It's an all around great choice, firstly because of the high quality of the artwork, but also because of the uniqueness of the character.

We've seen Dr. Facilier as a Vinylmation before, but for 13 Reflections of Evil, I could guess many figures that might make the merchandise line-up (Chernabog, Maleficient, Ursula and Jafar for example) but I would never have thought of Dr. Facilier. I think it's a great choice! I love The Princess and the Frog, this character has not been exhausted so he's still appealing to collectors, and he's a more modern and fresh character by comparison. I can't express what a great choice Dr. Facilier is!

This set will be released on September 13 to those in attendance at 13 Reflections of Evil. It has a Limited Edition of 500 and will retail for $44.95. Here it is, Dr. Facilier and his Voodoo Dolls:


Vinylmation™ 13 Reflections of Evil

3" Dr. Facilier: I love the eerie greens, the Day of the Dead vibe of Dr. Facilier's face, the smoke swirling is a fantastic use of the ears and I love the hat accessory. He looks just like he does in the movie!

Vinylmation™ 13 Reflections of Evil
Vinylmation Jr. Voodoo Doll

Vinylmation™ 13 Reflections of Evil
Vinylmation Jr. Voodoo Doll

Vinylmation™ 13 Reflections of Evil
Vinylmation Jr. Voodoo Doll

This set just blows me away! I am always a HUGE fan of Ron Cohee's work, it's always accurate and impressive without faltering. When I watched the short scene from The Princess and the Frog that features Dr. Facilier and the voodoo dolls, I could not believe how much homework Ron Cohee must have done to get all four of these figures spot on! (You can see the voodoo dolls at 1:14, 1:35, 3:39 and 4:03, Dr. Facilier is featured at 3:53)

1174730_498266343595062_1753401693_n
(Photo credit: VinylmationKingdom)

I also love this set because it's different. We're starting to see Jrs used more in combo sets now and I don't mind it if they're done well. Jr Vinylmation were the perfect addition to the recent Park 12 Contemporary Set and they work perfectly in this set also. I'm not usually a fan of Jrs and they rarely appeal to me, so creating figures this amazing and putting them in a combo set is a great way to engage and hold the interest of collectors like me, who would not usually go for Jrs.

I don't think anyone in attendance at 13 Reflections of Evil will be disappointed with the schedule or the merchandise!

1 comment: