Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Coming Soon to Vinylmation Isle... The Trade-Cation Adventure

If you've been here a while, you'll know that I have a trip coming up real soon to Walt Disney World. Trading has changed a lot at the World since February, so I've decided to start my own adventure that I'm naming - Trade-Cation. It's a vacation centered on Vinylmation trading at Walt Disney World and I wanted to use this post to explain what I'll be doing.


I have main aims for Trade-Cation:
  1. With the recent trading changes around the parks, I'm going to be scouting out where trading takes place these days. We're aware of 5 main trading locations around the resort that I've posted about before. However, I've also heard reports that trade boxes can be found at other locations. I'll take a look around and report back
  2. It doesn't necessarily follow that were you can buy Vinylmation, you can trade Vinylmation and vice versa. I aim to take notes and pictures of every Vinylmation trade and sale location I come across on property
  3. I want to see if I can meet other traders and get some spontaneous trades going. I've already posted about my Vinylmation bag and pin that I'm taking with me. I hope it will get the message across that I'm up for trades! I won't have many traders on my person around the parks, but I love to trade just for the fun of it. I'll be missing out on the big Disney Trade Night by just 2 days (which I'm super upset about) so I hope there will still be some folks around looking for trades
  4. I also want to see what the quality of park trading boxes are like. I've had that despite the changes, the trade boxes are still full of buy one get ones and other outlet figures. I've even heard that some of the figures can get pretty banged up and are lacking accessories, despite Disney's rules about the figure's condition. I'm going to keep a written and video log to see the best and worst vinyl I can pull

I'm only at Disney for a week, so I hope I can accomplish all that I'm setting out to. I'll be posting and possibly sharing videos from my Trade-Cation experience when I'm back, so I hope you'll follow along on my adventure with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment