Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Vinylmation Review - Vampire Stitch

I am a fan of Halloween Vinylmation. Halloween is a fun holiday and a great time to be at Walt Disney World with all the decorations and events. Halloween themed vinyls are fun, in my opinion creative (each one has a different spin despite being based around the same theme of pumpkins) and a great way to remember your Halloween Disney trip.

For today's Vinylmation Review, I'm going to be giving my 2 cents on the most recently released Halloween Vinylmation figure - Vampire Stitch.

Released: September 20, 2013
Artist: Caley Hicks

When I first saw this figure, I loved it immediately! Stitch is one of my favorite Disney characters (up there with Crush and Figment) and Lilo & Stitch is one of my all-time favorite Disney movies. That doesn't mean I loved this figure instantly just because it's Stitch. I am not a fan of Park #5 Stitch (sorry Dan Howard) because it really doesn't capture his true likeness. I loved this figure because I knew exactly where Caley Hicks' inspiration was drawn from - the final scene at the end of Lilo & Stitch.

This scene is a montage of life after the aliens leave Stitch with the Pelekai family. One part of the scene shows Lilo and Stitch all dressed up for Halloween and carving pumpkins. Lilo is dressed as a witch and Stitch is dressed as a vampire. I love this figure because it's not plucked out of thin air, "oh let's use Stitch this year and dress him up", no not at all! This figure was chosen straight from the movie, which I admire because it gives the character more meaning.

The final scene in Lilo & Stitch

On top of that, this figure looks just like Stitch from this scene in the movie.This figure has Stitch's vampire cape, with a high collar around the neck, Stitch's ears have been extended upward into the Mickey ears just like Stitch's ears are pointing up in the movie scene, the figure's eyes are squinted to match Stitch's and the gnarled teeth expression Stitch has in the movie is reflected on the vinyl also. This might seem like a random figure to some, but I can see the huge amount of attention to detail and effort Caley Hicks has put into this vinyl. Great job!

So there you have it. I absolutely love this figure, I can't say a single bad word about it and despite being a collector of Park series vinyls 99% of the time, I knew from the moment I saw it that this was going in my collection! I plan to pick it up later this month on my Disney World trip. If you'd like this figure but you're not headed to Disney World any time soon, you can also purchase Stitch at the Disney Store online.

No comments:

Post a Comment