Sunday, April 27, 2014

Vinylmation Stories - Stitch

Stitch
Series: Animation #3
Artist: Ron Cohee

I fell in love with this Stitch Vinylmation from the moment I saw it! Stitch has taken Vinylmation form before by Dan Howard in Park #5 and by Doug Strayer in Nerds Rock! but this Stitch by Ron Cohee, I think, blows them both out of the water. There's nothing wrong with the other two vinyls, and other artists have done great renditions of Stitch, but I just could not believe the detail in Ron Cohee's version.

Stitch is one of my favorite Disney characters and Lilo & Stitch is one of my favorite Disney movies. But as a primary collector of Park Series vinyls, this amazing figure didn't really fit into my collection at first. But then I thought about how his outfit reminded me of the Stitch's Great Escape attraction at the Magic Kingdom.


Although not one of my favorite attractions (to be honest, one I very rarely visit), this figure did fit in with my Park collection on that basis. Plus, this was once one of my younger brother's favorite attractions when he was smaller, which gave a sentimental aspect to this figure. And so, Stitch was added to my Vinylmation collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment