Sunday, April 13, 2014

Vinylmation Stories - Wild West Donald

Wild West Donald
Series: Wild West
Artist: Gerald Mendez

As it's been a year (almost to the day) since the release of Mickey's Wild West, I thought I'd share the story of how Wild West Donald joined my collection. I live in the beautiful state of Oklahoma, where we have the second highest Native American population in the country. I've attended a couple of Native American events such as Pow Wows and been to other events on Indian land. I'm very proud of our state's Native American culture.

The Wild West series completely shocked me with how surprisingly amazing it was! I still think the level of detail in the figures is unbelievable. But Donald especially blew me away: his outfit, his classic fierce Donald expression, the scenery in his ears and of course his headdress accessory. Since the state I live in is so rich in Native American history, and I loved Wild West Donald so much, he was an instant addition to my collection - breaking my Park series only rule, but for a great reason. And that's the story behind my Wild West Donald.

No comments:

Post a Comment