Sunday, September 14, 2014

Vinylmation Stories - Troll


I won't get started on the announcement about Maelstrom, but I will be talking about the story behind why I own the Park #6 Troll Vinylmation in today's post. The Troll Vinylmation is based on the troll statue that can be found as you exit the Maelstrom attraction through The Puffin's Roost store.

Me and my nieces with the troll statue in the Norway Pavilion in 2013

The Norway Pavilion has always been my joint favorite country with Morocco, so I loved this Vinylmation from the start. It represents the Pavilion perfectly, who could forget that big nose? I think it's a great choice for a Park Vinylmation and an especially great way to create a figure for Norway. It was always a must-have figure for me.

Me in Geiranger, Norway with the same troll statute in EPCOT in 2012

In 2012, I was fortunate enough to be able to take a trip to the real Norway, where I fell in love with the Pavilion even more, and the country itself. I also loved my Park #6 figure even more, and had a new appreciation for it when I found that same troll statute in a small town on a fjord called Geiranger. Now my figure also serves a souvenir and reminder of my Norwegian adventure.

And that's why the troll joined my collection. Now that Maelstrom is about to become a thing of the past, I will hold on to him and cherish him even more. Don't you think Casey Jones also did a great job of making him look cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment