Saturday, May 04, 2013

Vinylmation Review - Star Wars #3

Today, as it's May the 4th (or Star Wars Day) I'll be reviewing the upcoming Star Wars 3 series!

Series 3

Release: May 17, 2013
Blind Box

Since I favor the original Star Wars trilogy and we've already seen A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, I don't have a problem with the Vinylmation trilogy being completed with Return of the Jedi. If you really love the movies and you collect movie series vinyls, or your favorite characters, and you love Star Wars, then this will be a great addition to your collection.

I think there's a good mix of characters here, and despite some people preferring to see some lesser known favorites like Max Rebo, I'm glad to see only well known, recognizable characters in this series. In my opinion it completes the series better and makes it more meaningful. Even if you like Max Rebo, he doesn't really have any effect on Jedi, nor any valuable contribution in my opinion.

 


Reasons to love this series:
  • There's a great mix of characters, if you've seen Return of the Jedi, I'm sure you can recognize all of them. Although I had trouble recognizing Leia in disguise at first because I thought her outfit looked skin color, kinda like she was naked with a helmet. (Awkward).
  • Some of these vinyls have amazing detail! I think Admiral Ackbar looks exactly like him, so does Nien Numb, Lando, Wicket, Bib Fortuna, the Imperial guard, the Scout Trooper, Logray and the Gammorean Guard - so basically everyone except Luke and Leia
  • I love the detail of the trees in the Ewoks' ears, I'm so pleased whenever I see great, inventive uses of the ears

My Verdict:
I think this is a good series. I LOVE Star Wars but I'm not desperate to have Star Wars vinyls, it's just not what I desire to collect. I considered buying Lando, the Imperial Guard, the Scout Trooper, Admiral Ackbar and Wicket, because I think they're all very well done. But actually, I think I will only go for Wicket, purely because he reminds me of the Star Tours ride in Hollywood Studios.

No comments:

Post a Comment