Thursday, June 20, 2013

Blind Boxing Blues

A member of a Vinylmation Facebook group that I'm part of, posted a picture today of his Park 12 blind box haul from D-Street. It seems the cases were mixed and he was not happy, this was his pull:


I feel for the guy - that sucks! I know that trading is part of the hobby and getting 1 or 2 out of 5 that you don't want is bearable. But five multiples, especially if you don't want even one of them, is tough to take. While blind boxing is fun, this incident serves as a reminder of how time consuming, frustrating and expensive it can be to get the vinyls you want and complete a collection if you're blind boxing.

Don't get me wrong, bloxing is fun and if the odds are in my favor I do it, but especially if you're a new collector, it's important to familiarize yourself with how bloxing works and what the outcome could be. That way you can be braced for less than desired situations.

Do you have any great bloxing stories to share? Any disasters? What happened? Share your story in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment