Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Backside of Vinyls - The Little Mermaid


In honor of The Little Mermaid's 25th birthday yesterday, today I'm looking at the back of The Little Mermaid figure from Park #2. From the front, this Vinylmation looks very cute, but fairly simple. I love the surprise when you turn it around! A beautifully drawn Ariel on the back.

I love The Little Mermaid, Ariel has always been my favorite princess because she has red hair like me. There are a few things this figure could represent at the Disney Parks, but I'm going to go with it representing The Voyage of The Little Mermaid at Disney's Hollywood Studios.


Michelle St. Laurent-Shrieve has done a fantastic job with this design. I love that Ariel starts right at the top of the figure's back, in the left ear. The design then moves all the way down, using all of the back of the head, the back of the body, and even moving over into the left shoulder and arm. Michelle has utilized all of the space on the 3" Mickey canvas effectively and she's drawn a spot on Ariel that looks just perfect!

Such a well done and fun figure all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment