Sunday, November 23, 2014

Vinylmation Stories - Flik


Flik is from Pixar #1, but to me he instantly looked like a Park series Vinylmation. Partly because I think it's a great theme park featured character choice, Flik is featured in Animal Kingdom and Disney's California Adventure, but also because of the fantastic artwork by Ron Cohee.

 
I had to have Flik for a few reasons. Firstly, I love A Bug's Life. I have always loved it and I once owned it on VHS. (Now of course I've upgraded it to Blu-Ray). A Bug's Life is a great movie, triumphant, fun and entertaining. I love the bright colors and wonderful animation! I have so many memories of it as a child. I watched the movie, listened to the soundtrack on cassette tape (yes, really) and I had several action figures - including Flik.

Secondly, this Vinylmation reminds me of It's Tough To Be A Bug in Animal Kingdom, a 3D show hosted by Flik.


It's Tough To Be A Bug is a must-do attraction when I visit Animal Kingdom, so I have come to associate Flik with the park. My love of all things A Bug's Life, plus Ron Cohee's amazing artwork, made Flik a must-have Vinylmation figure for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment