Sunday, February 07, 2016

Vinylmation Stories - Buddy Boil


When Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor opened, I wasn't sure what to think. I love Monsters Inc., but I didn't know if the show would be a one and done type deal. I was wrong! Because of the audience participation, the show is different every time, and so far it has never failed to keep me laughing! It's now a can't miss attraction for me, so when I saw a Vinylmation of Laugh Floor host Buddy Boil, I wanted him.


I'll admit, at first glance it can be hard to make out this figure, but once you get it you see how well designed it is. The purple line on the bottom of his face might look like his mouth, but it's actually his chin, which to me starts to make his face look 3D. I love how the vinyl's ears have been used for Buddy's big eyes!

I think artist Thomas Scott had a difficult task here, but his design is wonderful. It's a great representation of Buddy that always makes me want to say "Hello humans!" and brings back memories of "that guy". I'm happy to have this little monster in my collection.

2 comments:

  1. Hellooooooo Humannnnnnns! Great Vinyl! I love how the eyes are the ears too, that's the first thing I noticed. If I can ever be "that guy" I think my life will be complete. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helloooo indeed! This piece is very clever.

    ReplyDelete