Friday, April 19, 2013

Vinylmation Review - The Classic Collection


Welcome to my review of the Classic Collection series!


Release: November 9, 2012
Blind Box

I really, really like this series! I personally only collect Park Series vinyls, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate other series and this one is amazing! It's a very nostalgic series for me, because I remember playing old-fashioned Disney video games with my younger brother that featured almost all of the characters in this series.

I love that Disney took a different and unique approach here, by portraying the characters as they looked originally. Someone might look at these characters and think, "That's not Mickey!" because they do look different from their modern day updates, but sometimes I think it's great to take a step back in time.


Reasons to love this series:
  • The characters (at least if you're familiar with how they used to look) are easily identifiable. Don't you hate it when you look at a vinyl and think, "What's that supposed to be?"
  • This series really brings variety into collecting, we've never seen a "retro" series like this before, the black and white works perfectly and really adds to the nostalgia
  • How great do these look as a set?! If there's ever a time to collect a whole series or buy a case, it's with the Classic Collection!

My Verdict:
I do really love this series, but I will not be buying any for myself. The reason is purely because they are not parks and in my opinion, buying one or two would look out of place in my collection. But I seriously considered buying just one or two, for a trip down memory lane, to remind me of all those hours classic video gaming with my brother. I really couldn't narrow it down, so I left it. Maybe another time

No comments:

Post a Comment