Monday, April 22, 2013

Vinylmation Review - Pixar Series #1

Welcome to today's Vinylmation Review on Pixar Series #1


Released: November 17, 2012
Blind Box

This is another series that I'm a fan of! I love the bright colors of these vinyls, how much a lot of them look exactly like their characters, they're cute, fun and neat from an artistic perspective. I can't get over just how much Remy, Mr. Incredible, Chuckles and Flik all look like their animated characters! Kudos to the artists!

I think the Luxo Ball is a really interesting and appropriate choice for the chaser, it makes for a great vinyl! After the Toy Story series, I think it's great they added Chuckles from that franchise into this series. I don't like seeing too many repeats of certain characters.


Reasons to love this series:
  • I don't know about you, but when I watch a Pixar movie, the colors really stand out. Even in WALL-E, which for the most part is dark colors, the brightness of the green plant really sticks out in my mind. Those bright Pixar signature colors really came through with these vinyls
  • It's great to see some "side-characters" like Captain McCrea and Fillmore. I love the way Ron Cohee portrayed Mike, Monsters Inc. is one of my favorite movies and that scene with Mike dressed like that is hilarious!

Not so strong points:
  • The Jackalope is lost on me. I don't know where he's from so for me, he's not all that impressive or desirable. I haven't seen Brave either so I'm not really into King Fergus
  • I love the movie Cars and Fillmore is pretty funny. I still like this vinyl but I do think as a car, he looks kinda weird on a Mickey mold

My verdict:
I decided to go for two of these characters. I was temped by Captain McCrea and Mike Wazowski also, but in the end I decided to get Flik and Nemo, since they are Park related to me and amazing vinyls in my opinion. But the rest I decided to pass on. They're done very well, but I definitely didn't love the others enough to add them to my collection. I'll be interested to see what Pixar #2 brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment