Sunday, December 29, 2013

Vinylmation Review - Mystery Bakery Mickey

For today's Vinylmation Review, I will continue reviewing the "flavors" of the recently released Mystery Bakery series by taking a look at Mickey.


Released: July 12, 2013
Blind Open Window

Mickey is my least favorite in the Mystery Bakery series, followed by the Dwarfs. In my opinion we have enough Mickey vinyls and by comparison with the Toy Story Aliens, Figment and Stitch, these just aren't as good. The frosting is pretty basic by comparison with Figment's and the Aliens' - simple yellow and orange with the letters of Mickey's name scattered across. The orange icing is a nice touch on Mickey's head, as it matches the frosting on top of the figure. I really like Mickey's expressions, I think all look true to his likeness and I especially like the mix of contemporary Mickey in color, with old school black and white Mickey with "pie" eyes.



Mickey has a red cupcake case, like his signature red shorts, and has his usual white gloves. I think all three Mickeys are great individual figures and the mix of new and old encourages collectors to pick up one of these mystery figures. However, I don't think there's any reason to pick up more than one box since the character would be the same. Unless of course you're a real big fan of Mickey!

There's really nothing wrong with these figures, they are great within themselves, I just think when you look at the other characters or "flavors" in this series, Mickey lacks a lot of detail by comparison. Certainly not the most exciting figure in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment