Sunday, January 05, 2014

Vinylmation Stories - Quorra

Welcome to my first post in my new Vinylmation Stories series! I wanted to start this series of posts to give the background on why I own the vinyls I do. There are over 2,000 Vinylmation in existence, so I'm always interested to hear how collectors choose what makes it into their collection, as very few of us have the space and money to collect them all. Some choose characters from their favorite movies, some choose great pieces of artwork, others choose to get vinyls from places they've been.

I choose my vinyls for a number of different reasons and this will be explained as one of my vinyls enters the spotlight for a new Vinylmation Stories post. I will also post a photo of that vinyl from my collection. Where better to start than with the story behind my very first Vinylmation? Here's Quorra's Vinylmation Story...


Quorra
Series: TRON: Legacy
Artist: Eric Caszatt

One of my absolute favorite movies is TRON: Legacy! I loved the original TRON also, but I remember seeing TRON: Legacy in the movie theater and being blown away by the colors, graphics, story and the soundtrack. I can't get enough! I had a hard time choosing my first vinyl at D-Street, but when I saw this series - decision made! Well, almost... that narrowed it down to the series, but which character?!

Kevin Flynn, Zuse, Sam Flynn, Quorra, Kevin Flynn, C.L.U., Jarvis, Rinzler

This was an open window series so I got to choose. That, by the way, was a great way to ease me in to the hobby. I knew I wanted to collect vinyls, but I wasn't ready to start my collection by blind boxing. What if I got one I didn't want? I wanted a character from the second movie (the second Kevin Flynn in the above picture is from the first TRON movie) and I liked the artwork on Zuse, Sam Flynn, Quorra and C.L.U. the best. I didn't want a bad guy and Quorra was my favorite character, so I went with her.

The back might be my favorite part of the vinyl

So Quorra joined my collection because she's my favorite character in one of my favorite movies. I don't usually pick vinyls of my favorite characters, or vinyls from movies, but I loved the artwork on Quorra so much that it was another great reason to get this figure.

Here's a picture of Eric Caszatt's inspiration:

Olivia Wilde as Quorra in TRON: Legacy

2 comments:

  1. We have the Quorra vinyl too for very similar reasons! :) I LOVE Tron: Legacy and Quorra is awesome! I wish they still had ElecTronica at Disney California Adventure. It was my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay another TRON fan! I never got the chance to visit ElecTronica, what was it like?

      Delete