Sunday, March 30, 2014

Vinylmation Stories - Hollywood Studios Clapboard

Hollywood Studios Clapboard
Series: Park #6
Artist: Caley Hicks

As a movie geek, I am a HUGE fan of Hollywood Studios (I'll be politically correct here, but to me it will always be Disney MGM Studios). I love all types of movies, from old movies like Footlight Parade down to the latest releases. When I saw this vinyl in Park #6, I had to have it! First off, it's so iconic to the park and movies in general, it's an old school clapboard, that I really liked it from the moment I saw it.

But how awesome this figure is doesn't stop there. The ears have been wonderfully used as film reels and the place on the clapboard where the movie title would go reads "Disney's Hollywood Studios" - a great tie in to the park. Plus, the director's name is "M Mouse" another subtle touch that makes me love this vinyl even more. It also reminds me of Mickey holding a clapboard on the Earful Tower.


Finally, the back of this vinyl is just as amazing as the front! It wasn't left plain black and it's not even the back of the clapboard, it says "Lights... Camera... and Action!" a great use of the back of the vinyl that I will talk about more in a future Backside of Vinyls post. It also reminds me of The Great Movie Ride, one of my favorite attractions at the Studios. Since the vinyl is such a fantastic design by Caley Hicks and a beautiful homage to Disney's Hollywood Studios, this vinyl had to join my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment