Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Backside of Vinyls - Injun Joe's Cave


For today's Backside of Vinyls post, I'll be taking a look at a figure that, in my opinion, is under appreciated: Injun Joe's Cave from Park #13. Injun Joe's Cave is nestled on Tom Sawyer's Island at the Magic Kingdom, and is a place I frequented as a child searching for adventure. For those who haven't visited Tom Sawyer's Island, I can see why this vinyl would be unappealing. However, there is a lot of detail to be appreciated on this figure, especially on the back.

Let's start with the back of the vinyl's head. We can see the entrance to the Mystery Mine next to Injun Joe's Cave, with "Old Scratch's Mystery Mine" written on the top beam in Tom's handwriting.

Old Scratch’s Mystery Mine
(Photo credit: AllEars.net)

Looking further down the back of vinyl's body, we can see the treasured jewels that can be found by those who dare to venture in to the Mystery Mine:

Old Scratch’s Mystery Mine
(Photo credit: AllEars.net)

The details on the back of this vinyl are very memorable to me, since I spent a lot of time visiting the mine and cave on Tom Sawyer's Island. I think Ron Cohee paid a lot of attention to detail here (as always) and the detail on the back of this vinyl really improves the quality of this figure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment