Saturday, June 14, 2014

Vinylmation Review - Robots #4

Released: March 17
Blind Box Series

Robots is another series that I don't collect, again it's just because I can't collect everything! The Robots line has improved tremendously with series #3 and #4. While I don't personally collect them, I really liked most of the figures in series #3 and I was seriously impressed with series #4!



Reasons to love this series:
  • Accessories! Just look at Jafar and Captain Hook's hats! Hook's looks perfect and Jafar's has been expertly transformed into a robot part while keeping the essence of his character. Syndrome's cape is a wonderful addition also
  • Creativity - just look at Jafar and Scar's expressions!
  • New characters - I'm not a big Incredibles fan, but many collectors were pleased to see Syndrome in this series. I was impressed that Sid was chosen as a fresh character for the chaser
  • The Villains theme - I love that Robots #4 has a theme and that it's Villains, which is popular right now, giving the collectors what they want. To add to that, I love how Captain Hook, Scar, Cruella de Vil and Shan Yu look truly terrifying
  • Worthy chaser - Sid was done fantastically in my opinion and that, coupled with him being a new Vinylmation character, made him a desirable chaser worth chasing


Things that aren't so great:
  • Really all I can say here is that there are a lot of character repeats in this series. Great if you like to collect the same characters, but if not this could be a downside. Jafar, Cruella de Vil, Shan Yu, Captain Hook and the Big Bad Wolf have all appeared before in Villains series and Scar has appeared in the Lion King series


No comments:

Post a Comment