Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Backside of Vinyls - Melvin


Today I'm looking at the backside of the Melvin Vinylmation from the Park #12 Country Bear Jamboree set. Melvin is one of the three talking animal heads on the wall of Grizzly Hall. The Country Bear Jamboree is one of my favorite Walt Disney World attractions, so I instantly loved this set. But I loved it even more when I saw the back of these figures.


On the back of the body, running from the head and ears down to the feet are wooden slats, representing the wall Melvin is hung on. Then on the back of the body, we can see a plaque that reads "Melvin" in what appears to be cross stitch. We can see in the above picture that this plaque sits next to Melvin on the wall.

I love this detail because while it's relatively simple compared to the back side of other vinyls, Monty Maldovan has used all of the Mickey canvas effectively. He could have just left the back painted in one solid color. Adding the planks of wood is a neat touch and the name plaque is spot on in accuracy. It looks just like the sign in the attraction and fans like me don't forget those details! Another back side success.

No comments:

Post a Comment