Sunday, August 31, 2014

Vinylmation Stories - Mariachi Cobre

Mariachi Cobre
Series: Park #12
Artist: John Henselmeier 

Many guests who've visited EPCOT are familiar with Mariachi Cobre, a 12 piece band that plays traditional Mexican music over at the Mexico Pavilion in the World Showcase. I have come to love Mariachi Cobre. I think they are so fun and entertaining to watch, and they really create a good cultural atmosphere in the Pavilion. They play both inside and outside, several times throughout the day. When they play inside, I think they really create the feeling of being at a street market in the evening, where you can enjoy some music, food and shopping.


I think this vinyl is really cute, singing his little heart out under the moon. The musical notes and the stars in the sky are a neat touch in his ears, and I love his expression. When I look at this vinyl, I hear the band's music in my head. I also think this vinyl is a great nod to the Mexico Pavilion, which in my opinion is hard to capture in Vinylmation form. So this little fella made his way into my Vinylmation collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment