Sunday, August 23, 2015

Vinylmation Stories - XP-37 Space Cruiser


The XP-37 Space Cruiser, for those who don't know, is the name of the vehicle you ride in during Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. This Vinylmation, designed by Eric Caszatt, embodies every aspect of the ride vehicle: front, back, sides, and even the laser cannons you fire. There are two reasons why this figure was a must-have for me. First, the design is incredible! I love the details and colors. The more I look at it, the more detail I see and the more impressed I am.


The second reason is that, in my opinion, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin is under-appreciated. Every since Toy Story Mania opened, I've heard a lot of people complain that Buzz is archaic, amateur, and not worth visiting when you could just do Toy Story Mania instead. I disagree. I love both attractions and they both have different things going for them. I love the control you have of your car in Buzz, how interactive it is with you moving through scenes instead of looking at a screen, the gun itself is different too. It's a different type of game.

I love Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin just as much now as I did when it first opened. No trip is complete with a ride on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. My enthusiasm for the attraction, plus Eric Caszatt's incredible design is why the XP-37 Space Cruiser joined my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment