Tuesday, April 26, 2016

The Collector's Space - My 9" Collection


When I started this blog, I said that I didn't collect 9" Vinylmation. At the time it was true. They retailed between $44.95 and $74.95 compared to the 3" figures at $12.95, and there was the issue of space. Where would I keep a collection that big? I couldn't live without the 9" Land figure, so I purchased that one and called it quits on 9" Vinylmation.

Fast forward 4 years and now I have eleven 9" figures in my collection. So what changed my mind? I wrote previously about some of my favorite 9" figures and I was finally able to find many of them at a reasonable price as people started to sell off their collections following the announcement of trading ending at the Disney Parks. And so my 9" collection took off and grew.

I had always wanted the Crossroads and Mine Mine Mine Vinylmation, but I never thought I'd be able to own either of them, since their secondary market price was sky high being some of the first 9" Vinylmation figures produced. The Up house was another coveted piece. There are many 9" figures that I like and can admire, but this small collection features my top favorites. There are a couple more that I want to get my hands on, but I have yet to see them being sold at a good price, or being sold period.

I still haven't figured out the space issue. I am not able to display all 11 figures at the same time. I rotate the figures I have on display periodically and the rest are sadly stored in a closet. But, I am extremely happy with my 9" collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment