Saturday, May 31, 2014

The Collector's Space - Collecting Vinylmation Pins


Have any of you Vinylmation fans out there noticed that there are Vinylmation Pins? I'm sure a lot of you have. I had noticed they existed, but didn't really pay much attention to them. I don't know when or how they're released, if every Vinylmation series has a corresponding pin set, or how much they retail for. But in the last couple weeks I've noticed Vinylmation pins more and more and it's got me thinking about collecting them.


I'm in two minds about it. I used to collect pins, I think I've said before how my dad brought me home my very first pin on a Mickey lanyard when I was 9 or 10 and I went from there. I bought pins for all the rides and characters that I loved, but then had so much fun trading them that I kind of ruined my collection by trading for the fun of it and taking practically any pin. Now I still have a few pins that I love, but I also have a handful that I don't really care for.

I shifted my focus to Vinylmation and didn't really look back at my pin collection. I can't display them as easily as vinyls and they're not as easily accessible to me either. But now I'm wondering if I should revamp my Disney pin collection by adding some Vinylmation pins? It would be a neat way to pay homage to some of my favorite Disney attractions and enable me to have a pin version of some of the more expensive and elusive vinyls that I'd like to get my hands on.


But on the flip side, I'd still have a problem displaying them. In what way could I display the pins? Plus, the money I'd spend on those pins would reduce my Vinylmation budget.

So I'd like to hear from you! Do you collection Vinylmation pins? How do you decide which ones to buy? How do you display them? Do you trade them? Help me make a decision on whether I should start a Vinylmation Pin collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment