Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Vinylmation Review - Jr. 11 Finding Nemo


If you've been around this blog for a while, you probably know that I'm not the biggest fan of Vinylmation Jr. I think they started out pretty weak in comparison to the 3" and 9" lines, and I thought the keychain was kinda weird. Having said that, newer series such as Finding Nemo have really been changing my opinion there.

Reasons to love this series:
  • I think it's pretty fun! Look at all the bright colors!
  • There's a good selection of characters - Obviously the main characters are here: Nemo, Marlin and Dory. There are also memorable characters such as Bruce the shark, Darla, Squirt, the seagull and the angler fish
  • Great use of clear - I really love he clear bodies and ears to show the sea. It looks fantastic!


Things that aren't so great:
The cartoony look - I think Darla, Nemo and the angler fish look pretty true to life, but many of the other figures are a little too cartoony for my taste. In my opinion Marlin, Dory and Bruce don't look like they do in the movie, especially when you compare them to the Pixar #2 figure

I think this series has really stepped up the Jr. series game, but I would have preferred to see Finding Nemo as a 3" series.

No comments:

Post a Comment